As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
1. Fulton #ad
Fulton Scraper Burnisher with 6 Piece Multi-Shaped Scraper Set 3 Rectangle 1 Beveled 1 Curved Convex and Concave and 1 Gooseneck Scraper #adFulton #ad
- The hardened, polished high carbon hrc 62-64 steel rod measures approximately 3/8 inch in diameter which makes it perfect for working the edges of your scrapers without any give. Scrapers are perfect making your surfaces extra smooth and ready for light sanding for the finishing process. We highly recommend burnishing each scraper out of the box for optimum performance.
Also included is a handy booklet on “How to Sharpen a Card Scraper Using A Burnisher” to get you started right out of the box. The idea is to roll the edges of your scraper to create a burr so that it produces fine, light shavings and makes the wood surface very smooth.
Scraper burnishers are a staple in most every woodworkers shop. This burnisher is simple in design and is made specifically to create burrs on the edges of flat, curved or beveled card scrapers. They are used to create a burr or an edge on card scrapers so that the scrapers can produce clean, smooth wood surfaces by scraping the wood.
To do this, you simply tilt the burnisher slightly to one side of the scraper and run the burnisher along the edge repeatedly until you produce the burr you are looking for. The three rectangle scrapers of various thicknesses in this pack will work for the vast majority of your projects. The 6 included scrapers are made from a strong carbon steel and come in various shapes for a wide variety of applications. If you have never used a burnisher, it is relatively simple to use.
2. Crown #ad
Crown 375 & 377 Scraper Burnisher and 2 Piece Cabinet Scraper Set #adCrown #ad
- Set containing a Crown burnisher and 2 each cabinet scraper. Scrapers are2. 5" x 5" x. 032" thick. Exceptional quality tools from Crown Hand Tools Ltd, Sheffield, England. Burhisnher has a genuine Rosewood handle, brass ferrule and highly polished high carbon rod.
|Manufacturer||Crown Hand Tools Ltd #ad|
|Part Number||375 & 377|
|Model||375 & 377|
3. DFM Tool Works #ad
DFM Tool Works Cabinet Scraper Burnisher Tool – MADE IN USA – with Hard Maple Handle and Super Hard High Speed Steel Rod #adDFM Tool Works #ad
- Super hard steel easily Burnishes or Turns a Hook on Cabinet and Card Scrapers. Made in the usa with super Hard High Speed Steel Rockwell 63-65. Beautiful hard maple Handle is Stained Cherry Red and Made to Last.
4. Peachtree Woodworking Supply #ad
Scraper Burnisher for Creating Sharp Burrs and Honing Card Scrapers 6 inch Steel Rod with Hardwood Handle #adPeachtree Woodworking Supply #ad
- The idea is to roll the edges of your scraper to create a burr so that it produces fine, light shavings and makes the wood surface very smooth. Most woodworkers love to use scrapers simply because they produce a wonderful looking end result that are beyond compare to most any other device. Once your scrapers have the desired burr on each edge, you’ll be able to produce wonderful looking results on your wooden surfaces.
If you have never used a burnisher, it is relatively simple to use. Using card scrapers has long been used by wood craftsman for years and is now becoming more common among beginners and mid level woodworkers.
The burnisher measures approximately 11-1/2 inches in total length and has a hardwood handle with a steel ferrule. Scrapers are perfect making your surfaces extra smooth and ready for light sanding for the finishing process. The rod is made from hardened steel to withstand burnishing process.
Scraper burnishers are a staple in most every woodworkers shop. To do this, you simply tilt the burnisher slightly to one side of the scraper and run the burnisher along the edge repeatedly until you produce the burr you are looking for. It can be used for standard burnishing applications and for working small, tight ends and spaces. The steel rod diameter measures approximately 3/8” which makes it perfect for working the edges of your scrapers without any give. They are used to create a burr or an edge on card scrapers so that the scrapers can produce clean, smooth wood surfaces by scraping the wood.
5. Taytools #ad
Taytools 773673 Cabinet Scraper Burnisher Unhandled High Carbon Steel HRC 62-64 3/8 Diameter x 5 Inches Long #adTaytools #ad
- Burnishers are tools with hard, polished rods that form or “draw out” the steel from the edge that is used to form the thin hook or cutting edge. A cabinet scraper is a simple, old-world tool that has many uses in the modern woodshop.
A well-tuned cabinet scraper can remove glue, refining a finish, tame tearout, or put a glass-smooth finish on wood. A wood handle can easily be added later.
Each rod comes with a vinyl tip. This unhandled burnishing rod is very cost effective as no handle is included. Creating a proper cabinet scraper edge referred to as a hook or burr is an important skill to learn and requires a dedicated burnisher. Size is 3/8 diameter by 5 inches long. This high carbon steel burnisher has a hardness of HRC 62-64.
6. Narex #ad
Narex Cabinet Scraper Burnisher with Stained Hornbeam Handle 872401 #adNarex #ad
- Stained hornbeam handle 6 inches long by 1 1/2 inches in diameter. Polished high carbon steel rod 3/8" diameter and 6" long hardened to Rockewll 62-64. Burnisher has a stained Hornbeam handle, brass ferrule and highly polished hardened high carbon steel rod.
Made in czech Repubic by Narex Tools. This burnisher is the perfect tool for putting the small hook on cabinet scrapers.
7. Crown Tools #ad
Crown 377RW Burnisher and 460 Clifton Scrapers #adCrown Tools #ad
- Clifton #460 3 piece curved cabinet scraper with goosneck, convex/concave and rectangular. Crown hand tools burnisher has a genuine rosewood handle.
This is the perfect cabinet scraper starter set with a Crown Burnisher #377RW and #460 3 piece Cliftom Scrpaer set. Both items are made in Sheffield England.
8. Crown #ad
Crown Tools 377W / Big Horn 20260 Cabinet Scraper Burnisher With Dark Stained Beechwood Handle #adCrown #ad
- Made from high speed steel. Dark stained Beechwood Handle with Brass Ferrule. Exceptional quality tools from Crown Hand Tools Ltd, Sheffield, England. Use to return edge to cabinet scrapers. Overall length: 11, 1/4" | handle length: 5, 1/4" | Blade Length: 6".
9. ATLIN #ad
ATLIN Card Scraper Set – 3pc Cabinet Scraper Set #adATLIN #ad
- Crafted from carbon steel - curved scraper 4. 6” x 3”, rectangular scraper 5” x 2. 5”, concave / convex scraper 6” x 2”, All 3 shapes are 0031” 080mm thick.
A cabinet scraper is fast, and reusable. The maintenance and sharpening of cabinet scrapers requires a burnisher tool - Burnisher NOT included. They do not cause tear-out, will not clog pores of the wood, quiet, and create clean shavings instead of dust.
Included is an instruction sheet with clear illustrations and detailed descriptions which will teach you how to use and maintain your card scraper set like a pro. A card scraper can be used for a variety of tasks, removing burls and tool marks, such as: flattening rough spots, leveling inlays, and work great on hardwoods.
10. Timberline #ad
Timberline Scraper Burnisher #adTimberline #ad
- The best tool to keep your scraper's edge. It quickly gives your blade micro-planed edges, and it sharpens a variety of scraper sizes, it's easy to use, shapes and thicknesses.
A properly burnished scraper blade makes guitar bodies, bindings and fingerboards ultra-smooth. There's no tool like this ingenious hardwood/steel burnisher for keeping your scrapers sharp. Instructions included.